STCU News and Announcements
Online Train the Trainers Workshop357/469
13 Apr 2021
April 13th and 20th, 2021, the Science and Technology Center in Ukraine (STCU) organized an online Train the Trainers Workshop in the framework of Project 9606, entitled “Development of the extra mural Master Program on Economic security of Entrepreneurship” implemented at the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
The workshop was designed to disseminate teaching and research skills related to Strategic Trade Control (STC) among the participants who hold management, teaching, and research positions at different universities in Ukraine. The event was attended by over 90 participants.
During the event, Dr. Jean-Pascal Zanders (The TRENCH) and Prof. Quentin Michel from Liege University (Belgium), members of the team implementing the STCU Targeted Initiative (TI) for CBRN export control of dual-use goods and technologies within the GUAM countries, shared their knowledge and experience related to the research and education in STC. Dr. Zanders introduced the ‘dual-use’ concept and outlined the main aspects of the governance of dual-use technologies at the international and national levels. Professor Michel introduced the topic of essential responsibilities for different categories of actors.
The lecturers also talked about the potential challenges in designing and teaching the courses on Strategic Trade Control. They reviewed existing university degree programs in this field around the world.
Rectors, Deans, and Professors from different Ukrainian universities attended the event, with a partial list of participating institutions shown below:
1. Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University in Vinnytsia
2. Zhytomyr Polytechnic State University
3. Khmelnytskà Humanitarian and Pedagogical Academy
4. West Ukrainian National University
5. Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University
6. The Ukrainian State University of Chemical Technology
7. Alfred Nobel University
8. Oles Honchar Dnipro National University
9. Odesa National Medical University
10. Odesa Mechnikov National University
11. The National University of Horticulture in Uman
12. Pavel Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University
13. The University of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine
14. Poltava National Pedagogical University
15. Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University
16. Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University
17. Izmail State University of Humanities
18. Military Institute of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
In addition, representatives from the Technical University of Moldova also attended the event, as they are implementing a module on Engineering and CBRN Non-Proliferation Culture at the Master level within a different, concurrent STCU project within the same Targeted Initiative.
Many of the universities that attended the workshop are interested in launching specific modules (disciplines) devoted to export control and CBRN challenges that constitute the Master program Economic Security of Entrepreneurship (extramural form) within their universities in the near future.