STCU News and Announcements
Project 88 - Kick-off Meeting 24thJune 2021361/469
24 Jun 2021
European Union CBRN Centres of Excellence Initiative
“Strengthening of CBRN Medical Preparedness and Response Capabilities in SEEE countries”
Contribution Agreement IFS/2021/424-037
Budget: 5.4M Euros
Project 88 - Kick-off Meeting 24th June 2021
In the majority of South Eastern and Eastern European (SEEE) countries, otherwise well trained
• first-line medical and paramedical responders and
• second-line hospital emergency staff and emergency medical managers
may not have the skills and knowledge to respond to a Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) event.
What if we could create or improve a forum for all players to address these problems?
Then we could work together in the following areas:
• Enhance the capacity of selected CBRN Emergency Medical Training Centres through the provision of CBRN equipment.
• Train SEEE Master Trainers in CBRN Emergency Medical Preparedness and Response
• Support the Master Trainers when they run training courses in their own countries.
• Standardise SEEE procedures for CBRN Emergency Medical Preparedness and Response
• Run workshops, seminars and exercises to test capabilities.
• And finally, we could explore regional opportunities to work together to strengthen and empower CBRN Emergency Medical Preparedness and Response in SEEE.
On 24th June 2021, The P88 Team hosted an on-line kick-off meeting with the SEEE CBRN CoE Regional Secretariat and the national representatives of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, and Ukraine. This 4-year project was received enthusiastically. Bilateral meetings will take place during the next few months.
Download printable version
For more information, please contact Elena Taberko, tel.: +38044 490 71 50; email: email@example.com