STCU News and Announcements
THE INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS (IEEE) MAGNETICS SOCIETY “MAGNETISM FOR UKRAINE 2022” CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP GRANTS378/428
01 Aug 2022 - 31 Aug 2022
STCU, together with the Institute of Magnetism NASU and MESU, on behalf of the IEEE Magnetics Society, is pleased to announce a call for proposals for a new IEEE program "Magnetism for Ukraine 2022". This competitive program offers individual grants of $2,000 and group grants of $10,000 for the period of one year.
The aim of the program is to support the research and professional development of scientists, engineers and students working in the field of magnetics, with a focus on excellence, innovation and community growth. Proposals will be evaluated based on scientific excellence as well as the usual principles of diversity and inclusion.
Eligibility. The call for proposals is open to researchers who:
- are pursuing or have completed their PhD;
- hold a permanent position (either full-time or part-time) at a Ukrainian research institute or university;
- reside in Ukraine for at least 50% of the time during the project implementation; for the group projects, all members of the team reside in Ukraine for at least 50% of the time during the project implementation;
- the proposed investigations are thematically in the field of magnetism, spintronics or related fields;
- an applicant may participate no more than in one individual and/or one group project; if both individual and group proposals are submitted, priority will be given to the group proposal. The individual proposal will not be considered if the group one is recommended for funding.
The duration of the projects is 12 months. The final report must be submitted to the STCU within the last
month of the project duration. Alternatively, the final report can be replaced by one or more peer-reviewed
scientific publications with acknowledgement to this program. If the applicant is not already a member of the IEEE Magnetics Society, membership is expected to be acquired in January 2023. For group proposals, all team members are expected to become members of the Magnetics Society. Please send confirmation of membership by the required deadline to Dr. Olga Saliuk firstname.lastname@example.org. International collaborators are strongly encouraged in all applications and this fact can be taken into account in the evaluation. However, please do not reserve funds for foreign partners. The following maximum limits apply to personnel costs of group proposals: $3,000 for the Principal Investigator, $2,000 for the Scientific Staff with doctoral degrees and $1,500 for the Scientific Staff without doctoral degrees. The allocation of the budget to the individual persons should be specified in the application. The group proposals must be signed by all team members and submitted as a scanned copy. The contact details of all team members (including working address and email) should be provided in the proposal. Diversity (team members of different gender, age, geographical origin, etc.) is positively considered in the evaluation.
All information and documents required for the application must be in English. The application forms for
individual or group grants are attached to this document.
The application (no more than 3 pages, excluding the title page) should be sent by email to email@example.com. The deadline for the call for applications is 31st of August 2022 at 12:00, CET time.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact: Elena Taberko (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Announcement Magnetism for Ukraine
- Proposal Form STCU Magnetism for Ukraine group (updated)
- Proposal Form STCU Magnetism for Ukraine individual (updated)