STCU News and Announcements
STCU Announcement. Ñall for proposals for the Virtual Scientist Engagement Fellowship Program for Ukrainian Scientists.403/469
01 Nov 2023
Kyiv, November 1, 2023
The Science and Technology Center in Ukraine (STCU) is pleased to announce an open call for proposals for the Virtual Scientist Engagement Fellowship Program for Ukrainian Scientists.
The Fellowship Program will fund a limited number of virtual research & development fellowships for Ukrainian scientists with backgrounds in dual-use disciplines, such as aeronautics, biology, chemistry, and nuclear fields; however, all proposed research should be entirely civilian in nature and should NOT involve any military systems or that could easily be applied for military purposes.
An illustrative list of competitive fellowship topics for civilian research and educational opportunities could include:
• technology familiarization, analysis, and assessments;
• chemical and biological supply-chain, transportation, and physical security projects;
• technology transfers analysis and reports;
• regulatory development and licensing considerations for aeronautics, biology, chemistry, or nuclear fields;
• workshops, webinars, and publications intended for Ukrainian stakeholders on chemical, biological, or nuclear security;
• safety, security, and nonproliferation topics; and
• other related topics such as energy and materials.
These fellowships will have a duration of up to six-months, with a maximum amount of $12,000 per award.
Applications should be submitted in English no later than November 30th, 2023 to the STCU Senior Deputy Executive Director Mr. Mykola Lubiv at (email@example.com).Each application should include all the following components in order to be considered:
• Project Title: Please provide a one-sentence project title that succinctly describes the project and goal of the work to be performed under the Fellowship.
• Project Proposal: A 2-3 page statement of work describing each task to be performed under the Fellowship. This must include project goals, list of key tasks, schedule, milestones, desired outcomes, and deliverables. The list of deliverables must include short monthly progress reports with tasks that were addressed and a final report, using a format provided by STCU.
• Research Team Structure: If the proposed project will include contributions from other researchers, the specific roles and responsibilities that each team member has within the project must be outlined. The research work plan in the project proposal must be tailored to the specific research and work the applicant will perform.
• Project/Performance Site Capabilities: All proposals should provide a statement that explains the applicant’s and their institution’s (if applicable) demonstrated capability and commitment to conduct this research safely and securely, and the ability to respond rapidly, mitigate potential risks and take corrective actions in response to laboratory accidents, lapses in protocol and procedures, and potential security breaches. Please include with this statement a copy of your organization’s monitoring and risk mitigation measures/guidelines.
• Eligibility Verification: Applicant’s full name, date of birth, gender, nationality/country of passport issuance, job title, institution, applicant’s current email address, applicant’s current phone number, and a government-issued identification or passport number.
• Biographical Sketch of Applicant: A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume (no longer than one-page) that includes educational and professional history, current employer if any, credentials, and current contact information. A list of publications and presentations should also be included as an attachment to the CV/resume.
• Research Collaborators: Identification of any Ukrainian and/or foreign (e.g., U.S., U.K, EU, Japan, South Korea) collaborating institutes or affiliated experts, if applicable.
• Amount of funding requested and duration of proposed project (should not exceed 6-month duration and $12,000 in funding).
Please direct any questions regarding this announcement to STCU DED Mykola Lubiv at firstname.lastname@example.org