PARTICIPATION AND RECORDING HOURS WORKED ON STCU PROJECTS
This policy document establishes policy and procedures describing the rules of time recording for project participants, project managers, participating institution managers, and STCU responsibilities for controlling this process.
PROCEDURES AND POLICIES:
- Project participants must record the hours worked on STCU projects on time cards according to the procedures described in Section D below.
- Payments to project participants will be based on properly completed time cards.
- Only time cards provided by the STCU may be used to record hours worked on STCU projects; photocopied time cards are not acceptable (exception other CIS countries).
The STCU will provide time cards to project managers and participating institution managers for use on STCU projects. Such time cards will be printed on card stock and will be serially numbered.
Project Manager and Participating Institution Manager Responsibilities
Project managers and Participating Institution Managers are required to do the following:
- Provide project participants with a separate time card for each STCU project that they will work on. Each time card must contain a project number.
- Ensure that project participants understand which time card must be used to record hours worked on each project.
- Ensure that all project participants correctly record the hours worked on STCU projects according to the procedure described in Section D below.
- Transmit completed time cards to the STCU no later than the 10th of each month.
- Control blank time cards provided by the STCU.
- Certify that the hours recorded on the time cards are true and accurate by signing them.
- Obtain signatures of two other project participants on their own (project managers' and participating institution managers') time cards in addition to their own signature.
- Project Participant Responsibilities
- Complete a separate time card for each STCU project that they work on. Time cards are for a period of one month.
- Personally complete their time cards each working day and in ink.
- Correct time cards by crossing out mistakes and inserting the correct information on the next line; no erasures may be made to time cards. Project workers must initial the corrections.
- Sign their own time cards at the end of each month.
- Certify, on an as needed basis, that the hours recorded on the time cards of the project manager or participating institution manager are true and accurate by signing their cards.
Project participants are required to do the following:
This procedure is effective 1 March 2002.
Leo Owsiacki Executive Director