STCU News and Announcements
Training on “Identifying Dual-Use Goods and Technologies in Ukraine: General Framework, Key Points on Missile and Nuclear Technologies, and Test Cases”333/365
20 May 2019 - 24 May 2019
The Science and Technology Center in Ukraine (STCU) and the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry hosted a training course on “Identifying Dual-Use Goods and Technologies in Ukraine: General Framework, Key Points on Missile and Nuclear Technologies, and Test Cases” on May 20th-24th in Kyiv, Ukraine.
This training was held under a Targeted Initiative funded by the European Union that aims to raise awareness in member countries of the STCU, and enhance the effectiveness of export control systems for dual-use items and related materials, equipment, and technologies through the provision of necessary training and educational programs. The training activities included lectures, practical exercises and group test cases. and was focused on:
• Analyze the legal and technical aspects of the Dual-Use Regulation (when and why it is born, how it is structured, etc.)
• Understand which are the key concepts and the main points of the regulation;
• Learn how to carry out a technical compliance analysis in order to understand whether a license is mandatory or not;
• Learn which are the most sensitive goods related to aerospace;
• Learn which are the most sensitive goods related to nuclear;
• Understand how to identify sensitive End User countries;
• Increase the level of awareness on the practical aspects of commodity classification and licensing;
• Define the first steps to set up an internal compliance analysis procedure.
Over 50 participants from the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry regional offices, Scientific and Technical Center for Defense Research Ltd., Yuzhnoye State Design Office, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, the Institute for Nuclear research of NASU, the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine as well as representatives from the State Service of Export Control of Ukraine, attended the training.
For more information, please contact Elena Taberko, tel.: +38044 490 71 50; email: email@example.com