INVITATION FOR EXPESSIONS OF INTEREST
Project No. 9700
Emergency Measures for Implementation at the Pridniprovskiy Chemical Plant, at Kamyanske (formally Dneprodzerzhinsk), Ukraine
|Date: January, 2017
|IFT No.: 2017-01
The Science and Technology Centre in Ukraine (STCU) is an international organisation involved in the non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. The STCU's activity is governed by the intergovernmental agreement to establish the Science and Technology Centre in Ukraine that had been signed by Canada, Sweden, Ukraine and the United States of America. Subsequently, the European Union replaced Sweden, and Azerbaijan, Georgia, Uzbekistan and Moldova joined the countries who had signed the Agreement. STCU's mission is to support research and development activities for peaceful applications by scientists and engineers formerly involved with the development of weapons of mass destruction, to advance global peace and prosperity through chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear risk mitigation by supporting civilian science and technology partnerships and collaboration that address global security threats and advance non-proliferation.
STCU is implementing a project (Project No 9700) for the European Commission involved in the remediation of the former Pridneprovskiy Chemical Plant (PCHP) which is located in Kamyanske (formerly Dneprodzerzhinsk), Ukraine. The project ie being implemented jointly with the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine (MECIU) and the site manager, state-owned enterprise Barrier.
The principal objective of this project is to carry out a number of emergency measures designed to immediately improve the safety and security of the PCHP site. These measures are also necessary precursors to the long-term remediation of the site.
In order to achieve this principal objective, emergency measures will be carried out within the following four areas:
- (a) Service contract to create an appropriate legislative and regulatory framework (Area A: Legal Advice),
- (b) Service contract to design and supervise the implementation of stabilisation measures that will mitigate the radiological hazards at PCHP; also to develop management systems (capacity building) for Barrier (Area B: Design Supervision and Capacity Building),
- (c) Works contract to implement the stabilisation measures needed to mitigate the radiological hazards (Area C: Construction Works),
- (d) Supply of equipment to operate the site safely (Area D: Equipment).
STCU hereby invites all potential tenderers and contractors to express their interest in supplying the above-said services and works (areas A, B and C only).
Those interested shall respond to this notice in writing and may do so by courier, regular mail, facsimile or electronic mail in a form of their choice; regardless of the form, when responding, those interested shall clearly indicate their contact information (legal and mailing addresses, telephone and fax numbers, electronic mail, web site, contact person if any) services and works their are interested in supplying within the Project no.9700.
Additionally, those expressing their interest shall briefly (no more than 2 pages) describe their experience in the following areas and demonstrate their suitability to the project:
for Area A:
- Work in Ukraine (or other former Soviet Union countries) in nuclear fields,
- Working with International Organisations,
for Area B:
- Work on legislation and regulatory framework in nuclear environments and for contaminated sites,
for Area C:
- Remediation of sites contaminated with radioactive materials,
- Engineering design and supervision of work,
- Design of and training in quality management systems in nuclear environments,
- Construction work in contaminated environments,
- Construction work under radiological protection plans.
The project is sponsored by the European Union, and EUR 3,5 million is available for the above-mentioned four (4) areas.
Expressions of interest shall be sent to:
before 17;00 Kyiv time on Friday 17 March, 2017. The forthcoming tenders will be open to firms and companies from all countries except for those under UN or EU sanctions
- Roman Pishchalov
- Procurement Officer
- Science and Technology Centre in Ukraine
- 7a Metalistiv Street
- Kyiv, 03057, Ukraine
- Tel.: +38 044 490 7150
- Fax: +38 044 490 7145
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Firms, companies and consortia, as well as firms and companies related to them, can only tender for, and subsequently contract for, one of the four project areas. To avoid any conflict of interest, any firm (including firms within the same legal group or other members of the same consortium) or expert involved in the preparation of this project will not be allowed to participate in any tender for a contract under this project.
The firms and companies who express their interest in response to this notice may be short-listed and directly invited to bid in the forthcoming tenders, subject to their qualifications.