STCU News and Announcements
THE INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS (IEEE) MAGNETICS SOCIETY “MAGNETISM FOR UKRAINE 2022” CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP GRANTS378/428
01 Aug 2022 - 31 Aug 2022
STCU, together with the Institute of Magnetism NASU and MESU, on behalf of the IEEE Magnetics Society, is pleased to announce a call for proposals for a new IEEE program "Magnetism for Ukraine 2022". This competitive program offers individual grants of $2,000 and group grants of $10,000 for the period of one year. The aim of the program is to support the research and professional development of scientists, engineers, and students working in the field of magnetics, with a focus on excellence, innovation and community growth. Proposals will be evaluated based on scientific excellence as well as the usual principles of diversity and inclusion.
Eligibility. The call for proposals is open to researchers who:
- are pursuing or have completed their PhD studies in the field of magnetism, spintronics or related;
- hold a permanent position (either full-time or part-time) at a Ukrainian research institute or university;
- reside in Ukraine for at least 50% of the time during the project implementation;
- an applicant can apply for only one project.
The duration of the projects is 12 months. The final report must be submitted to the STCU within the last month of the project duration. Alternatively, the final report can be replaced by one or more peer-reviewed scientific publications with reference to this program. If the applicant is not already a member of the Magnetics Society, it is expected that membership will be acquired during the project period.
All information and documents required for the application must be in English. The application forms for individual or group grants are attached to this document.
The application (no more than 3 pages, excluding the title page) should be sent by email to email@example.com. The deadline for the call for applications is the 31st of August 2022 at 12:00, CET time.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact: Elena Taberko (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Announcement Magnetism for Ukraine
- Proposal Form STCU Magnetism for Ukraine group (updated)
- Proposal Form STCU Magnetism for Ukraine individual (updated)