STCU News and Announcements
For Ukrainian Scientists, Technicians, and Engineers: Free Course Led By International Experts on Finding Funding, Building Collaborations, and Protecting the Security and Safety of Your Work390/457
26 May 2023 - 30 Oct 2023
STCU, in coordination with the non-profit global security organization Coalescion, is pleased to invite interested Ukrainian scientists, technicians, and engineers (STEs) to attend a two-day training course titledResearch Vetting, Individual Cybersecurity, and Knowledge Security Training for Ukrainian Researchers.
The course will take place in the summer/fall 2023 outside of Ukraine, with virtual participation by those who cannot travel. Course registration and travel support is available via application to STCU: fill in the attached application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, you may also be in touch via the same e-mail address.
International experts with more than forty years of experience will lead the two-day training. If you are a Ukrainian scientist, technician, or engineer whose work has been disrupted due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, please join us.
The training will address critical research security and safety topics in the context of the challenges faced in building new collaborations and funding work in unfamiliar circumstances:
• Research vetting to identify legitimate opportunities for funding, collaboration, or employment.
• Technology transfer and the stages/decision points from the view of the individual researcher
• Risk assessment tools to mitigate security vulnerabilities in research security settings
• Cybersecurity trends and solutions
• Dual-use threats and risks associated with infrastructure, materials, consumables, and information
• Internet protocol (IP) protection, including strategies for navigating uncertain contexts
• Scientific ethics to include common standards, best practices, and avoiding pitfalls